1. Service Name
The Trinet Network
2. Service Summary
Trinet provides Internet access for users living in student apartments of the Aalto University Student Union (AYY) and the Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region (HOAS) that are located in Otaniemi, Espoo, and AYY's other student apartments in the Helsinki region. In addition, Trinet offers network connectivity to other AYY premises in Espoo.
3. Service Description
The Trinet mission is to provide high-quality network services on a "best effort" basis, ie. by implementing industry best practices ,  in a cost-efficient way and focusing on raising the base level good enough.
Trinet is offering the following services:
- 1 Gbps user access.
- 10-20 Gbps from edge switches to backbone.
- 200 Gbps Internet connectivity
- IPv4 service with DHCP
- IPv6 service with DHCPv6 and stateless address auto-configuration
- Jumbo frame support
- IPv4 ASM multicast, AYY IPTV
- IPv6 ASM multicast, AYY IPv6TV
- An IPv4 to IPv6 multicast translation service
- DNSSEC validation support
- DNSSEC and DANE (RFC 6698) signing service
- DNS64 (for IPv6-only networks, Trinet uses Funet's NAT64 service)
- eduroam - recommended secure roaming access wireless network for the academic community
- eduroamv6only - a secure roaming access IPv6-only wireless network for the academic community
- tupsu - an open access wireless network
- tupsuv6only - an open access IPv6-only wireless network
- Wireless network is available in the AYY sauna, party and meeting premises
- Other services
4. Additional Services
The following additional services are available:
- A static IPv4/IPv6 address and a DNS name (5 euro per month)
5. Service Limitations
Service use will only be limited if absolutely necessary due to technical or operational reasons. However, some minor restrictions and limitations exist which may affect the service quality:
- The service is primarily intended for study related use (please note the Usage Policy).
- Only limited customer service. No 24/7 support/helpdesk available.
- Some services are filtered at the border of the network. Active filtering rules are documentated in the Usage Policy.
- The service for a particular user may be switched off temporarily if a user device disrupts the network usage of other users or if the user device has been compromised.
6. User Support and User Guides
7. Service Criticality
8. Service Owner
The Aalto University Student Union
9. Customers of the Service
Users living in the coverage area of the network.
10. Service Quality Measurement
Network statistics are available at netstat.ayy.fi.
No user surveys have been conducted as of yet.